LEADERS REHAB ROBOT
Features of paraplegia rehabilitation robot
1) Patent technology which realizes piggyback posture, easy don and doff, safe support and snug fit simultaneously.
From old times in the East, people took the posture of piggyback when they carry ailing old people or children, which is not only safe and comfortable ergonomically but also symbolizes respect, admiration and intimacy.
Paraplegia rehabilitation robot enables functional rehabilitation treatment realizing safe support and snug fit based on the piggyback posture.
Also it improves weight transfer ability to forward, which is the most important in rehabilitation treatment for paraplegia patients. And it is an innovative solution for anxiety about falling forward which paraplegia patients feel generally
Curative effacement evidence base drive which realizes the core of paraplegia, pre-gait training
What is pre-gait training?
Paraplegia rehabilitation treatment is divided in pre-gait training and gait training. Pre-gait training is aim for strengthening motor power, improving stability of soma, improving balancing. It progresses treatment in varying postures such as mat activity, activities in sitting, sit to stand activity, activities in standing and instruments like ball can be used as necessary.
People regard that paraplegia rehabilitation training is everything in gait training, but pre-gait training is more important in professional rehabilitation treatment. The competency of pre-gait training decides gait pattern, so we dedicate periods of paraplegia rehabilitation training above 80% to pre-gait training.
Through pre-gait training, motor power, balancing, weight transfer ability and weight bearing ability can be improved and these are essential requisites for gait training ultimately.
Paraplegia rehabilitation robots properly operate these pre-gait training and gait training.
Not gait simulation, but gait training is available.
Gait simulation and gait training are completely different concepts as below. In actual rehabilitation care unit, we operate gait training, not gait simulation.
Paraplegia rehabilitation robots operate gait training properly.
Comparison between gait training and gait simulation
|- Fundamental treatment for gait disabilities, training stance phase and swing phase gradually through gait algorithm segmentation
- Correction of gait pattern when it is ubnormal
|- Acquire senses through sensorimotor remodeling, operating normal gait pattern to patients passively.
- Useless for gait therapy or pattern correction.
|- Focusing on alternative and reciprocal movement of weight transfer and bearing between affected side and unaffected side
- Focusing on active motion of affected side such as weight transfer and bearing
- Concentrating on obstacles of patient, targeting on insufficient parts directly
|- Inputting normal gait pattern into patient passively, attaching patient’s legs to dermoskeleton system or foot plate
- Focusing on only rhythmical gait motion, de-bearing weight
- No active weight bearing and support
|- Direct curative effacement for weight bearing and transfer, focusing on improving ability of weight bearing, not let walk when affected side doesn’t acquire weight bearing
|- Almost nothing of active requisite which is basis of rehabilitation treatment
- No curative effacement for weight bearing and transfer, the core of gait
- No active correction of abnormal gait pattern
|Actual treatment technique
|- Practical gait training in actual care unit
|- Not actual treatment technique
Technical and medical differentiation with other products
|- Gait training
- correction of abnormal pattern
|- gait simulation
|- Educate of alternative and reciprocal movement between affected side and unaffected side for weight transfer and bearing
- Focus on active motion of affected side such as weight transfer and bearing
|- Focus on only rhythmical gait motion, de-bearing weight
- No active weight bearing and support
|- Educate weight bearing and transfer education of affected side
- Educate active movement
|- Weight de-bearing
- Passive movement
|- Realize practical gait training of actual care unit
-Conceptualize treatment algorithm and segment gait elements, enabling learning, performance, education (direct curative effacement)
|- Not practical technique in actual care unit (Other forms of sensory impulse available with robots)
|- Organize each element of gait as educative and curative contents
- Reading the patient’s medical status of disabilities available / customized prescription available / comprehending the patient’s improvement available
- With hardware development, formation of contents is regarded as primary component of gait treatment, which is in charge of functionality of gait treatment
|- Do not need contents or only include simple form of contents for sensory impulse development
Differentiation from other products
|- Gait training / correction of abnormal pattern
- Replacing clinicians is ultimate purpose for care unit automation
|- No effect of clinician replacement and little importance as medical instrument, as only gait simulation is available
|- Within tens of millions
|- 300 ~ 500 million
|Connection to automation
|- One of core rehabilitation robots which is connected to medical automation, hospital automation and cure unit automation
|- Not related to core robots of automation system
|- Include functions needed from market, as realize practical gait training in actual care unit
- The largest product competitiveness with available price for hospitals
|- The largest product competitiveness with available price for hospitals
- Gait simulation is not the core function which the medical market needed
|- Easy to don and doff: treatment for 13 patients are available per day
- hemiplegia = considering paralyzed limbs of one side and securing safe support
|- don and doff for 20 ~ 30 minutes: available patients for treatment are about 6 per day
- No difference with riding bicycle standing up when consider hemiplegia